Friday, August 01, 2008

It seems to me that many of my friends are flocking to Chinatown for some unknown reasons. And so, one day, I was finally dragged there (alright, it was a gathering/ meeting with some real good friends). I think we combed almost the entire Chinatown; starting from the MRT station, we walked to Smith Street for lunch, then went over to People's Park Complex and Centre and then to Chinatown Point and finally back to Smith Street. Seriously, I would not have done that alone. It would have taken a toll on my physical strength (yes, I know I should have exercise more. Anyone interested in learning squash? or going to the gym when school starts? or just running round the track before/ after school? call me).
As we walked, I saw many people. The entire Chinatown was buzzling with activities and the place was packed with tourists, retirees, housewives... it was so unlike town or even around my neighbourhood on a weekday when the place will be so quiet.
Indeed, Chinatown has got much to offer; from shops selling relatively cheap, exotic and delicious food, clothing, shoes, accessories,... to beautiful unique shophouses... that's the charm of Chinatown. The charm that is pulling many housewives, retirees, tourists and now, many of my friends there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: