Monday, August 04, 2008

It must have been the many pbl presentations that I've sat through some weeks ago. Now, I've decided to do my part to save our Earth. It's not that I've haven't been doing so, it's just that from now on, I'm going to make a more consious effort to do so. I've even come up with a list of ideas and actions.
1. Bring a reusable bag with you all the time; you'll never know when you'll need it.

It does help to have a nice, pretty reusable bag, so, either buy a nice one or personalise your own, do whatever, so long as you'll be motivated to bring one with you all the time.

2. Recycle your plastic bottles and aluminium cans from your green tea/ coke/ pepsi...


I read that in Hong Kong (I think), the sizes of the aluminium cans for a certain drink are being reduced due to the falling supply of aluminium. So people, pls recycle.

3. Use both sides of the paper and recycle them.

4. Bring your own container if you were to pack food.


5. Switch off all switches when not using them. This will help you to save electricity and money.

I'm sure the list goes on, but I think five a good place to stop. Anymore, we'll not remember them. I really think that it is very important that we all start to reduce our ecological footprints. If we continue to use our limited resources at this rapid rate, I dare not think of the dire consequences.

Saving Gaia begins with me.
I picked these up from the library a couple of weeks ago and have been wanting to visit some museums. So, if anyone's free or interested, pls call/msg me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: