Saturday, August 09, 2008

Happy 43rd National Day.
Have been busy watching the opening ceremony of the Beijing Summer Olypmics last night and the National Day parade this evening.
And oh yes, Channel 5's First Class is really funny. It reminded me of the last school-based English sitcom, @Moulmein High, but I think I relate to First Class better. Well, the story is set in a fictious Achiever Secondary School, and revolves around a new teacher, fresh out from school; passionate and idealistic about his chosen career path. It is also about how a group of 5 new Secondary 1 students become friends, and learn together. Do visit the First Class' Website. It's kind of interactive, with many videos, interviews, and a make your own comic strip section.
I think I really relate to Mr Michael Wong, the new teacher. His passion and love for teaching and nurturing the kids (remember my post some time ago when I mentioned that I can't wait to enter the teaching force?!=)). But I think I can foresee myself getting tired along the way and even complain and whine about my job. I've been thinking of ways in which I can keep all those complains away; maybe holidaying, or retreats? Or maybe interactions of other forms (CCAs, CIPs, ...) with the students will help me to love and enjoy my job more? Or perhaps juggling the other aspects of the role of an educator, cos in the process, I will (hopefully) be enriched more than I ever think i'll be? Seriously, many things may seem overwhelming at this stage and I know I have a long way to go. But, I am somewhat excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: