Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DG has finally commenced! Sometimes I really marvel at how time flies... I seem to have completed 2 Crunaction books and am now going into my third one... Indeed, being a 3rd-year student is not easy. Getting into year 3 spells greater workload from studies, and with commitments and stuff piling up, I really need the faith and strength to persevere and press on.
I was reminded of the importance of walking by faith when reading about the battle of David against Goliath. I can visualise how the pint-sized David stood in front of the giant-sized Goliath and spoke to him when nobody else dare to. David's confidence comes not from himself. It emanated from God. While Goliath was the sight in many other persons, David seemed to see God. He was confident that God will grant him victory no matter how great the odds were against him.
In recent times, many Goliaths have surfaced in my life. I tried running away to avoid these great giants, but I know I can't hide from them. The root of this action seems to have stemmed from the fact that unlike David, it is those scary Goliaths that occupy my mind and sight. I need to see God and have faith in Him that He will bring me through those battles. Most importantly, I will do things not just for God, but with God as well as in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: