Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It suddenly dawned on me last night how much both my bros have matured.
***
One was filling up his NS pre-enlistment form and I was taken aback by his seriousness.
I have never seen him so serious before; trying to measure the circumference of his head (for the helmet and cap), the widest width of his foot (for shoes), the width of his shoulders (for the shirt), and trying to see whether he has flat foot or high arch foot... I guess, NS do turn boys into men. It's a good start for my bro, definitely.
***
The other has been seriously studying and revising for the upcoming Os. He has got a log book in which he has to sign and enter the number of hours he had studied for a particular day and for which subject he had been studying for. And I think the teacher in school will check. And so, he had been doing this, studying for hours each day since last month. I know how hard it is to keep the momentum going, but, I'm sure my bro can do it. And the O level Mother Tongue result will be out soon. According to my bro, it'll be out next Mon. I don't know how true that is, but I just hope that my bro will get the result he desire and deserve, whatever grade that is.
***
My bros and I, I've just realised, are past the age of pillow fights and childish quarrels. We talk more about the more serious stuff, like NS, studies, growing old and all. But that doesn't mean that we are very serious when we talk. We share our opinions on these issues in a light-hearted manner. I guess, people do change, all of us change. We have no idea why and how we change, we just do.
I think I'll miss my bro when he gets enlisted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: