Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I went back to St Margs to visit just yesterday. Had been looking so forward to going back that I've told practically everyone I can abt it. And as promised, I've taken plenty of pics... of people and of places and all.
Just the trip back and talking with the teachers had brought back many memories. We remembered how we used to stay back after school for tests, peer-tutoring and to study with friends. We remembered the used-to-be mosquitos-infested ground floor classrooms, and how we were food for the hungry mosquitos. It feels good to be back, in fact, it feels like home-coming for me.
Many things have changed. But some others have remained. The dedication of the teachers, the friendly canteen vendors... I so miss all that. I am seriously considering going back for attachment next year.



The entrance to the school.

School Pic 2002. I always thought that it was cool to take a photo of the whole school. It's like taking a family photo.
The Admin Building and the fence-shaped Parade Square. It took us some time to learn how to line up in neat rows according to the usual shape of our parade square.

The 4E4 classroom. How much I miss it.

The plot of garden that is directly outside the classroom.

The Garden on the ground level. I think it provide a nice environment in the school.

That's Gloria's drawing hanging outisde the 4E2 classroom. It's been there for years.

The river-like pond that stretches from St. John's Chapel to the classroom.

And along the corridors, you'll see many of these sculptures... all of them look so artistic...


The Bible verses that can be found in many corners and walls in the school. I think I am so used to the Christian environment in both sec sch and in jc that I joined crusade just for that spirtual support in sch now.
The laboratories, music room, band room, home econs room and all...
How I miss sec sch labs sessions... they were all short and sweet and straight forward, so unlike labs in uni...

The food; judging by our empty plates and bowls, and cups, I'm sure you'll know the standard of the food.
The enticing, yummy food offered at the Western Stall.
The happy us being back at St Margs.


I personally like this pic alot. Don't ask why. I just like it.

Walk of Stars: To honour our girls who have scored five or more distinctions in the GCE 'O' Level Examinations.
And my proudest achievements in St Margs is to have a star of my own on one of the pillars.
Thinking back, I've always told my friends and family that St. Margs is the changing point of my entire life. It is really God's grace that I got into the school, and I thank Him for all the dedicated teachers and faithful friends He had provided me with.
And I got this photo from Xinyi. It was taken back in 2003, on Racial Harmony Day celebrations. Our whole class wore ethnic costumes in school on that day. I kind of miss the class spirit back then. Those were the years which I will never forget.


And as we walked out of the school, I saw this house that looks like a pig. If memory serves me, I think Jie or somebody else had spotted this many years before. I think it's kind of cute, isn't it?

After that, we went to Island Creamery to chill out and to catch up with one another. It was good; there's so much that we can talk about. And that place is seriously good for gathering and I think for studying too, I mean with all the nice food at an affordable price.



The ice-cream



And I think the mudpie is good, not too sweet.


The happy us...
And this pic reminds me of my childhood days when my mum will bring my bro and I to Mac and take pics with this same uncle as well. Will try to find those pics one of these days and make a comparsion.
Anyway, it's been a great day. Hope that there's many more great days to come. National Day's coming and tomorrow will be the celebrations in schools. Have you gotten your red shirts ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: