Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I am inspired to pick up basic cooking after watching selective episodes of the Channel 8’s 三菜一汤series. I used to think that there is no need to, that cooking is similar to other household chores; when one is being forced to do it, you’ll somehow know how to do it. I still hold this belief though. Besides, the taste of the food is selective. It really depends on the person’s preference isn’t it? But the show has somewhat deepened my understanding of cooking. Cooking is a science. There are some things that you need to know in order to bring out the taste of the food and to ensure the nutritional value of the ingredients and the food. This is what I intend to learn; not how to handle a pot, pan and ladle, though this is an aspect of cooking as well.
I have been reading too. Reading’s a great way to past time. And some times, I marvel at how some authors share my sentiments and are able to express them in words so accurately and beautifully. I have also discovered a previously ignored corner of the library. It hosts many Chinese books and interest magazines… perhaps due to my interests in the Taiwanese culture, I find these magazines and books nice and interesting, though not necessary easy to read. But it’s just for fun anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: