Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Half-way through my packing. I decided to give my room a new outlook yesterday. I realised it wasn't an easy task at all. I simply have too many things; bags, notes, diaries, journals, books, CDs, letters, cards, creative materials,... the easiest way is to get rid of the unwanted stuff, yet it's hard to throw them away when each item seemed to hold a sentimental value. Though I was tired from the physical labour of shifting my furniture around, I had fun looking through the items that I've been keeping.


My spectacles and contact lenses that I've worn many years ago! I wonder whether the oval-rimmed frames will ever be popular again?


The first watch that I bought using my saved-up pocket money.


My collections of fiction and not-fiction tittles. I have more though. I think it's not very environmentally friendly to buy books that you will only read once. I prefer borrowing or renting these days.


The notes and letters I received from friends in secondary school. The thing with girls is that we like to pass notes, even when there's nothing to write about.


The toys and mementos that I collect. There was a period of time when the yoyo made a comeback. My mum bought one for my brothers and I got her to buy 1 for me too...


The autograph books from primary school. Do you remember the ubiquitous "Roses are red, violets are blue...", "Forget me not..." messages?
The last time I flipped through them was in Secondary 1 or 2... just to get the addresses of friends to send them Christmas cards.


My school planners. Look how I even personalised them... I like things personalised. I tend to make better use of it more that way.


My abacus. I used to learn 珠心算.


The boxes of Christmas cards. I like Hallmark cards a lot. But these seems too big for me. I don't really have a lot to write cos I think I've been repeating the same words and ideas.
It's a struggle for me to thrash away so many things. I'm a sentimental person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: