Thursday, July 24, 2008

Came back from the half-day feedback and sharing session. After hearing the experiences of fellow scholars and awardees and friends, I've come to this conclusion that the girls and teachers at cgs are really a fortunate and priviledged bunch. I feel blessed to have been posted to such a good school, but on the other hand, what scares me is the possiblilty of me having to teach at a normal, mainstream school. I don't think I have been really exposed to a setting where discipline is a big issue, and I don't think I have the ability to discipline them. I think, if I have the opportunity to do relief teaching, I'll try my luck at neighbour schools.
Also, I've also realised that I have been taking most of the technology and resources available to me for granted. I seemed to forget that there are so many other students out there without pcs, not to even mention tablet pcs. It's good to have been posted to a future school, but I need to keep myself grounded and aware of the situation at other mainstream schools as well.
I'm so going to miss the fruit punch from the school canteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: