Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It has been some time since I wrote something here... well, I've been busy... busy with work, tuition, not busy sitting at home... As mentioned in my earlier posts, I will be doing relief teaching till the new sem starts in Aug... Work, so far has been all right, just that sometimes, you need to think of a less confusing, more direct way of explaining certain concepts to the students. I understand that for I have been through sec sch and I'm glad that I have teachers who can explain concepts to them, so, I'm just hoping that I can do that too. The thing about work is that whenever my day ends, I will be too tired to go anywhere. But the moment I reach home, I will regret not going out. I'm always in a dilemma... oh my. I guess I need more time to adjust. Give me some time, and I'm sure this will get better. And like all students, I'm actually looking forward to today, the youth day holiday. Most teachers will not be like me I guess. But I need this break to recharge and to refresh myself... Cherish today, for the next sch holiday will be the National Day holiday which is more than one month away! Enough about school... I do have a social life apart from school and tuition...

Friday's gathering cum dinner cum games at Settlers' was great. It was a wonderful session, with dinner, catching-up, presents exchanging and photo taking...

I didn't expect Settlers' to be located at such an isolated part of Holland V, but I guess given it's well known name, nobody will get lost... hopefully not...
Below are some pictures from Friday...

Scrapbook in the making...
My personal fav... not because I'm a fan of Mayday...
Msg from Gi to Jie... are you touched?

Hmm, what should we have?

The Starters


The Main Course... I think Cajun Chicken is worth trying...

The dessert...
I think it is not the food that make Settler a worthwhile place to visit, but rather, Settler shines on its ambience, service, and the games...

The first game of the night- Take Six... not too bad...



Trying to figure out which dice to keep to maximise chance of winning a prize...

Can't believe my luck that night...

The igloo game... played with the most noise due to the nature of the game, not the nature of those playing...

Pigs in love...

Trying to get an artistic shot...





Everyone's happy with their presents... I hope Nic Sparks will have his next bk publish soon... anyway, I think one of my proudest achievements in my twenty years of life is to have read every bk tt Sparks wrote... I think I will try to complete the John Grisham's collection... hmm.


Finally, a group pic...


The STAR of the night... everyone was busy taking pics with it...
btw, I was the person holding this bear upright... that's why the pic looks so good...

Sunday was the day when I met up with Lydia. We have been busy with sch the last sem that we didn't even get to meet once last sem to study together. Really miss those times when we will meet at West Mall or Anchorpoint to mug... those were really the times. And so, yesterday, we met at good, old West Mall for lunch. It's a pity that we couldn't spend more time together... but we have thought of going back to St Margs one of these days...
btw, the Miso crucnch taste from yesterday's lunch was still in my mouth when i woke up this morning... just a random remark...

Going out with mum to Orchard later... i'm a Mummy's girl... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: