Saturday, June 23, 2007

I think this is going to be a very long post... wasn't intending to blog when I got home, but now, I think i'm high on coffee, so here it goes.
Today, hmm, actually yesterday was a really memorable and special day for me, hadn't had such fun in a long while already and I thank everyone (you know who you are) for making yesterday such a memorable day in my life. Thanks.
Yesterday was kind of the "day of the firsts".
Why?
1. It was the first day of the 2nd decade of my life.
2. It was my first time going to Pasir Ris Park.
3. It was my first time flying a kite.
4. It was my first time I went for Sakae Sushi Buffet Lunch.
5. It was my first time spending my birthday with friends for most of the day.

And so, we went cycling at this nice, rather quiet and peaceful in the East. Along the way, we came across this shop which sells kites. And so, we bought our kites there. Our plan was actually to get down to Marina Bay to get kites before heading down to West Coast to fly our kites. But, we are fortunate to be able to get kites in the East and it saves us a trip down to Marina Bay. And we met a super nice uncle in that shop who gave me a lollipop for my birthday... hehe...

The tele-tubbies kites being sold.

The friendly uncle and my present- the lollipop. Buy kites from him if you are there...


And along our way on our bikes, we stopped at this place which we named the secret garden for some photo shots...

The Secret Garden.

I have more pics of us there. Just click on the link: 22nd June 2007 on the left.

We decided to then head for the playground after that... but to our dismay, the playground was packed with children and teenagers, so we decided to stop at those rocky cliffs to take some pictures and rest. It was at that rocky area where we decided to try flying our kites...
The view from the rocky cliffs where we sat. I would love to make a trip to one of these water homes one day.


The pic is one of my personal favourites.

There's six different designs for the kites. And we bought 3 of the designs.

Assembling the kite.
The assembled kites. I like all the designs, cos they are all so colourful and bright. It makes me happy.

Trying to get the kite flying.

Finally, it's flying. Not quite finally cos of the strong wind current.

And wow, thanks to the strong and generous wind of the day, our kites flew high, and it makes us feel very professional (not too bad for people like me who are flying kites for the first time). The one on the right is Cheryl's kite. And it looks kind of out of place, do you think so?


After kite flying was lunch at Sakae... and I don't think it was worth our money... but it was a lesson that we learnt, despite the cost of it.

Some of the food that we ordered.

We headed down to JE next to take neo-prints; the second part of these freakingly resembles our trip to West Coast and JE last Dec after our final papers, though the sequence of events were opposite. I think neo-prints machines have their way of making you look nicer in neo-prints than in photographs. Maybe that's the reason why they are raking in money.

I think this is especially cool.
Don't we all look oh-so demure? Looks can be decieving though.

And of course, there's West Coast Park... We actually wanted to fly our kites there... but there wasn't a strong enough wind current there... so, we actually sat down and snacked and chatted our evening away before some adventure to end the day... There will be pics of West Coast when I recieve the pics from Lisa...
Then, there was celebration at home with my family as well... Celebration with family is alsways special in its own unique way every year... words can't express my gratitude and thanksgiving I have for my parents and even my brothers. Sometimes, I don't feel like I deserve them at all. Really, I can't thank them enough.
And it was when I'm bathing that I realised how tanned I became today.

Look at the contrast.
22nd June 2007.
I will always remember this day.
Thank God for all my friends, my family.
Thank God for the past year.
Thank you everyone who made today such a memorable day for me.
Praise the Lord for He is good. His Love endures forever.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: