Sunday, January 15, 2006

I've just recieved my pay for the past 2 weeks. Not much; I'm just a few hundred dollars richer. But money is not the issue here since my family doesn't need it. I'm fortunate, I know. This is my first pay check and I haven't really figure out how to use it. I know I'm opening myself to people asking me for treats; I know what to do. In my opinion, I don't equate money with the type of work that you do. One can earn a lot. But if one does not get along with the people in the company and colleagues, then I guess, one will not be happy. I'm not trying to say that I'm noble by not thinking of the amount of money one gets from work. Bread and butter issues are still the most important for many people; especially for parents and many others. But what I'm saying here is that, for me, I think relationship with people and getting along well with others one of the more crucial factor. I'm still trying to bridge the gap between me and my other colleagues. It's improving; but there's still quite a way to go.
Ever since I work, I have come to realise the expenses needed to maintain a family; with children. I'm not sure how I know, but I just do. Really, believe me, it's not easy. Our parents really are doing their best. I mean, they have to pay for our food, clothes, education, and not forgetting the water, electricity, gas and many other bills. Though what's left goes into their banks, but remember who pay for the occassional holidays and other luxuries? It's reaaly not easy on their part. Now, when you spend your next dollar, try to think of your parents who are always working for our sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: