Saturday, November 06, 2004

I think I'll keep this blog short and sweet. Afterall, I am all so tired and exhausted from today's Chinese and Biology Olympiad. My brain cells are dead; and soon I predict that I may be brain dead too.
Well, I guess Chinese was alright. I'll keep my fingers cross for the result.
And so, after Chinese, we met Miss Lee outside the hall and she brought us to NIE, NTU, where we were supposed to go for the Olympiad. So much for empowering us. Anyway, we set off and took the same bus and train as my mentor and jj. A pity that they did not join us. I think that they were going to jurong point for lunch. They've been saying that since op on tues. At Boon Lay Interchange, we took 199 to NIE, NTU. We were the first in the line. Soon, students from jj came. Shortly after, came rj, hc and ac. All of them had some notes in their hands. Some rj people were even carrying Campbell!!! The old edition, noted Allele. So scary!!!Well, we were not put off by that. At least Charmine and Mark were not. They were pretending that they had long studied and were, you know, revising. What crap! 199 came some time later and we board the bus. It was so packed. Most of them had to stand. Soon, we began our journey to NIE, NTU. As we did not eaten our lunch, we decided to stop at the cafe for a quick bite. Maybe it's because we had a teacher with us. Cos, when we alight, the rest followed suit. We climbed up this really long stairay to the cafe. It's called "Stairway to heaven". What a nice name. But nevertheless, it was really energy demanding to climb it. After a quick lunch of sandwiches, we went to the venue to take the paper. We were late by only 3 mins??! But we just miss out on the instructions part. We have two hours to complete Part A and B of the paper. There are 100 questions altogether. There are some of the questions which I think most of us will know, and at the same time, there are a few questions in which the terms used never existed in my dictionary! Well, I shall not elaborate further. I managed to complete both parts way efore the 2 hours, and my mind began to wander. I counted the number of lights in the large hall. 13X12, that is the number. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who counted. Charmine counted too. After the 2 hours, we had a 15 mins break and guess what, I saw Wanting! It's her birthday today! Happy Birthday! Anyway, after the short break, we went back to another gruelling 2 hours of another 100 questions again! This time, after completing the paper, I was already thinking of what to eat for dinner!
Eventually, we were dismissed. We walked to the bus-stop and waited for the bus. The first time we saw the bus, we were still debating whether it is a loop service or not. And we saw a bus-stop opposite and thought maybe it was not. So, we did not board it. But it turns out that the bus-stop opposite is for the shuttlebus. And so, we waited for another bus. And when it came, it was so overcrowded that we could not even board it. Sadly and angrily, we had to wait for the third one. This time, we finally board the bus. But it was so filled with people that I thought I might suffocate to death should I alight any minute later.
Upon reaching Jurong point, I went to Life Bookshop and bought a book and then bought my dinner. I took a bus home. The journey was so long. But at least I get to sit. Now, I'm really tired. Need to rest and sleep. I thought I said that I would keep the blog short and sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: