Friday, July 09, 2004

More about Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB)

I think I mention in my journal yesterday that I was selected for the research attachment programme during the Nov-Dec hols at IMCB and that I was really excited about it. After all, this is my second attempt to get into a reaserch programme this year (the first one was the Science Research Programme, SRP, which I think I failed the Aptitude Test). Well, MS and YW got into the programme as well, just too bad that we are all going to different research institutes...In order for me to "fit" into the research programme and the institute, not only do I have to read up on current resaecrh but I would also need to know more about IMCB. So, I surf the net and visited IMCB's website and found the following info: IMCB was established in 1987 at NUS. Mission:"to develop and foster a vibrant research culture for biological and biomedical sciences which will support the development of biotechnology for the human healthcare industry in Singapore". Location: IMCB is located on the university campus amidst the science and medical faculties. It is next to the National University Hospital, and close to the Singapore Science Parks I and II. IMCB is funded by the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), with some funding from industry and external granting agencies. Since 1987, IMCB has made great achievements and contributed much to the local research. It has gained global recognition and is continually doing so. Recently, a group of IMCB scientists is involved in the SARS research which made lots of findings. Libertas Laeta Parva Puella sign off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: