Sunday, December 10, 2006

Evangelism Training (ET) Reloaded- 9th Dec 2006; 9am-6pm; M10 Seminar RoomToday's ET was fantastic! I didn't think that it would be this fun and inspiring in the first place. I just went there with the hope that I do fall asleep throughout the session; and I didn't. Instead, I was wide awake. Really have to thank the Crusade staff for making the session interesting. The session was also useful to me, in helping and guiding my walk with Him. Really. I've been feeling kind of spirutally dry these few days, but today's session and all the messages brought up really drawn me back to God. So, yep, praise God for that. During the session, we learnt how about "Living in the Spirit" (Satisfied? Booklet), and how to present the "What you see is not all you get" (WYS) Booklet. (this booklet is really interesting; more about that later), and also about Realising our Mission. I think the "Realising our Mission" section was the most insightful and helpful to me at this point in time. It helps me better understand the Great Commission and how to fulfill this Great Commission. What is the Great Commission?The Great Commission of our Lord is the greatest plan ever given to men, by the greatest Person who ever lived, concerning the greatest power ever revealed and with the greatest promise. The Great Commission is Jesus Christ's command given to the apostles and to every believer in every generation to make disciples. It involves building multiplying disciples in all their generations so that they can, in turn, saturate their nations with the Good News and train their own disciples to do the same, generation after generation. And there's a few reasons why we should fulfill the Great Commission and a few ways where we can help fulfill the Great Commission; first by starting with our immediate friends and family members. I believe that if every Christian commits him/herself to this mission, we would definitely create a phenomenon of 'movements everywhere', where everyone knows someone who truly follows Jesus. Indeed When the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power to testify about Me with great effect, to the people in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth, about my death and resurrection." Acts 1:8 (LB). Every Christian has this mission trusted upon him/her. The testimony shared about Dr. Bill Bright, co-founder of Campus Crusade for Christ is no doubt very inspiring. He was a bright student and graduated with top honours from school and had a very good, bright future (in the worldly context) ahead of this. But instead of embarking on this path, he chose to follow God and commit himself to fulfilling the Great Commission. Indeed, we can see the fruits of his labour today. Thank God for this one obedient man. The following information about Dr. Bill Bright is taken from ttp://billbright.ccci.org/public/. Bright was so motivated by what is known as the Great Commission, Christ’s command to carry the gospel throughout the world, that in 1956 he wrote a booklet titled The Four Spiritual Laws, which has been printed in some 200 languages and distributed to more than 2.5 billion people, making it the most widely disseminated religious booklet in history.In 1979, Bright commissioned the JESUS film, a feature-length documentary on the life of Christ, which has since been viewed by more than 5.1 billion people in 234 countries and has become the most widely viewed, as well as most widely translated, film in history (786 languages). In 1996 Bright was presented with the prestigious Templeton Prize for Progress in Religion, worth more than $1 million. The Templeton Prize isthe world's largest financial annual award. Bright donated all of his prize money to causes promoting the spiritual benefits of fasting and prayer.“He has carried a burden on his heart as few men that I’ve ever known. A burden for the evangelization of the world,” said Rev. Billy Graham, a long-time friend of the Brights. “He is a man whose sincerity and integrity and devotion to our Lord have been an inspiration and a blessing to me ever since the early days of my ministry.”Bright’s work through Campus Crusade for Christ will continue under the leadership of Steve Douglass, a long-time associate whom Dr. Bright tapped in 2001 as his successor. “Not only have I lost a dear and lifelong friend in Bill Bright, but the world has lost one of its greatest visionaries and faithful servants of Jesus Christ,” said Douglass. Praise God for Dr. Bill Bright.
So much for the indoor learning. Before we went out for Street-E (not some new dot.com term, but it stands for Street Evangelism), we have to check-out with a staff or senior- to allow them to check on our skills that we have learnt about street-evangelising. At this moment, I have to thank Weiyan for helping me refine my skills and also my testimony and also for giving me so many pointers and answering my doubts. Thank you so much for that, Weiyan.
And so, here cmes the Street-E part. We were supposed to go in pairs around to share the gospel. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. At least the inital part where we have to take the first step to approach people to share the gospel with. But I'm glad that the Lord still send some people to us. Amen to that! I also have to thank Christine, Joanne, and Evan for guiding me as to how to go about approaching and sharing the gospel with the people. And to the many people who have given us their time to listen to us, many thanks. I hope you all have benefitted from our sharing. My prayers will be with you. And so, we first approached a Chinese national lady, who understands a little English. So, we shared the Chinese version of "The Four Spiritual Laws" (4SLs), in a mix of English and Chinese. I'm glad that she's very open to the idea of Christianity and willing to share with us. Though language was a bit of a problem, I'm very thankful that she can understand us. Next, we shared a little bit of the WYS booklet with 3 teenage girls. They're kind of reluctant in the first place, but it got a little better along the way. I really hope that they would go through the WYS booklet carefully and contact me in the event that they are interested to know more. And after that, we met up with the rest and tried to get more people to listen to the gospel, to no avail. But still, I'm glad for this Street-E experience. My very first. And so, everyone who's interested to know more about the WYS and Satisfied booklet or anything about Christianity and contact me and we'll arrange for a time to meet up to talk about this more. Really, I cannot emphasis this any more- I'm really nothing without God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: