Thursday, November 18, 2004

Research Attachment- Adventure at IMCB

I've seen my sy5y cells today! They've been successfully cultured! Shall post a picture for you all to see! Anyway, today had been quite worthwhile...I treated the cells with different compounds today! And come tommorrow, I shall harvest them and get the total RNA out. (ok, i mean extract the total RNA). Read up the procedures for the extraction and the principles behind them, and the one step RT-PCR process (that is going to be done on Friday!). Wrote in my log book lots of things...including the procedures for treatment and stuff like that.
Discovered something today. Actually, it's not that I don't know this. It's just that I have not worked with such small volumes and quantities before. I have to prepare the solutions to a every, every small concentration. It's all in microlitres and stuff like that...when I was asked to convert, I was sort of stuck...it's not that I don't know. If given time to work it out, I would certainly be able to do it. But on the stop? It's a little tricky. Blame it on the lack of practice. Anyway, tommorrow will be a busy day for me, so, I think I better get some rest. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: