Thursday, August 12, 2004

What a day to start school this week. It was really a long break from all the work and I finally had the chance to catch up on my work and beauty sleep...
I had quite an interesting day in school today. For GP, we did role-plays...being the advertising agency, production house and the media authourity. It was really a treat for us and a break from the usual GP lessons...
In the afternoon, I went to Biopolis with a few of my friends for the research attachment programme briefing as well as for a meet-the-mentor session. It was still early went we get there so we decided to get a bite at the Matrix Foodcourt. We decided on mango ice-kachang...Imagine! 4 pple sharing a bowl of ice-kachang...funny right?! Anyway, we did it... I also saw some of my friends from other jcs there as well...so, it was considered like a sort of gathering for us too...After the briefing session came the meet-the-mentor session..I was taken to IMCB at the Proteos building together with another girl, Sharon. We were each attached to one researcher and taken around the labs and to get to know the nature of our work. My mentor is a nice guy who make me feel relax. Everyone calls me S.K there. Anyway, we had quite a long talk and I was one of the last to leave IMCB... I was given some literature to read in order to get a rough overview of the field. I was given much antonomy as I get to come up with my own project (but if I can't, then I will have to do the one given and planned by them). In addition, he took me around the place and showed me the various machines, equipments and other places such as the pantry and the dark room...After the session, I am now more excited about the attachment. I can't wait for Nov 16 to arrive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: